[Bf-committers] Is MSVC2008 still to be supported?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:50:28 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Martijn Berger
<martijn.berger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Campbell,
>
> I think some people actually started cleaning up work-arounds for ancient
> MSVC 's not sure if 2008 still builds.
> I think of all pre 2012 versions as ancient and to broken to want to
> support. Whole reason for doing MSVC 2013 work was to move up the lowest
> common denominator for everyone.
>
> I would like to propose officially abandoning 2005, 2008, 2010 versions of
> MSVC.
>
> Martijn

Does this mean we still support MSVC2012?
Does it use the same libs as MSVC2013?

Seems we already dropped 2008.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2014-June/043807.html
https://developer.blender.org/D715

However its not great to have to trawl old messages to know about
supported compilers.

Added a section in the wiki for this (OSX needs versions filled in)

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender#Compiler_Versions