[Bf-committers] Building with OpenVDB and OSL: a Boost case

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Tue Jun 16 07:53:08 CEST 2015

Le 2015-06-15 11:57, Sergey Sharybin a écrit :

> But one thing is not totally clear to me after reading this discussion --
> why do we need to bump boost requirement on Linux?

I would say because after taming rtti usage in OpenVDB itself, Cycles is
still complaining about rtti stuff in boost. For example, in some place
OpenVDB is making use of boost::any which calls typeid, std::type_info
... there are also a few other places in boost with problematic rtti
usage, and those are addressed in boost 1.57, some were addressed in
1.56. So something must be done here. That is when/if OpenVDB becomes
officially supported in Cycles of course.