[Bf-committers] boost update for OpenVDB on Windows

matmenu matmenu at live.fr
Sat Jun 13 09:31:57 CEST 2015

Hi Antony,

Thanks a lot for working toward OpenVDB on Windows. From a user POV,
OpenVDB is really helpfull as a mesher, as a memory optimiser (cache for
smoke, water simulation, 3D scan visualisation, etc...). It also speedup
Cycles rendering for smoke as Kevin showed and will certainly help
Sergey toward it's goal of reducing memory footprint.
The community is working on it since pretty long (see this 2 years ago
https://developer.blender.org/T35565 , was already working good). I
think the community would be really happy if you don't use this nice
work only for Gooseberry and then grab it again for some more years, but
instead make it available to the users. I can assure you you will make
many people happy.

Regards