[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 7 June 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 7 17:15:58 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 1400 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Upcoming 2.75 release

- A release is very close but some tests and more fixing isn't unwelcome. A couple of
fixes for OpenCL are coming still too. And we wait for a splash still.

- Open FreeStyle bug: https://developer.blender.org/T44662
  Tamito Kajiyama has a mail reminder now.

- Wednesday we can do another review moment (at least by the tracker regulars Campbell
Barton, Sergey Sharybin, Bastien Montagne). Either we then do the official RC
announcement, or another test build, or wait another few days!

- Question for everyone who reads this: how is the new Stereo/Multiview testing going?
We would like to see user reports online.

2) Other projects

- SIGGRAPH: Blender Foundation participates again, plus free tickets:
http://www.blender.org/media-exposure/blender-at-siggraph-2015/

- Ton Roosendaal managed to get hold of two free tickets for the EGSR render conference.
All the render brains of the world gathered in one place! Sergey and Thomas Dinges will
attend, we're trying to get a third ticket still.
http://egsr2015.gcc.tu-darmstadt.de/

- It's time for the (ir)regular Module teams refresher again. Ton will connect with
everyone in person. Purpose would be to re-affirm membership, ask for roadmaps
(blog posts), and check how stakeholders get involved.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Process/Module_Owners/List

- Added: Viewport discussion list for developers/designers who want to help out on
modernizing the viewport drawing code in Blender.