[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, 26 July 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 26 17:38:53 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Blender 2.76 release

- Current project list:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Planning has been updated and moved 2 weeks, too many projects are being delayed already.

- Note for Campbell Barton: Do we get a document and proposal for Derivedmesh recode soon?

- Note for Kevin Dietrich: can we get an update on how far OpenVDB is?

- OpenSubdiv: Sergey Sharybin added the code to git master - however, Pixar will need to fix a couple of bugs first. A 3.0.1 stability release is expected soon though.

- Martijn Berger: if we add OpenVDB we also need to upgrade OpenImage and OSL. Might have consequences for the platform maintainers.

- Joerg Mueller: Audaspace library merge is almost ready.
https://developer.blender.org/D1358

2) Other projects

- There were a couple of remarks and questions about the proposed "2.8 workflow" project.
Because of the busy schedule (Gooseberry wrap, Siggraph, 2.76 release) things will become more tangible and coordinated end of August. Keep feedback and brainstorming coming though!

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute