[Bf-committers] Error building on Windows, with OSL's oslc.exe, "Permission denied"

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 00:39:30 CEST 2015

Don't think it's known issue, plus it seems to work for our buildbot and
another day i totally built blender from scratch on real windows without
any issues.

Do you have access to test oslc on a real machine? It also worth playing
around with VT-d settings in virtual box.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Recently I tried to build Blender on a MSVC, 64bit, with a fresh CMake
> config, using default configuration.
> (since I had a report it was broken).
>
> The build failed, because oslc.exe fails to run.
> Even on a fresh checkout of "lib/win64_vc12/osl"
>
> Just executing it on the command line as admin prints "Permission denied",
>
> This could be a problem running inside VirtualBox, but so far all
> other executables from our "lib/win64_vc12/" run fine.
>
> Is this a known issue?

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin