[Bf-committers] How do you properly group related TreeElement 's ?

john bartle johnbartle at live.com
Thu Jul 23 23:12:33 CEST 2015

 Hello to anyone who reads this.
I am a novice C++ programmer.

I am attempting to group all related properties into their own individual
columns within the Datablocks view of the outliner. Right now, all
properties are grouped within only one column.

In order for me to group related properties I have to know how to identify
related Blender properties via the "struct TreeElement". An example of a
related property would be the Location=>X value of different objects.

Can anyone tell me a good and appropriate way to compare and identify
related TreeElement 's so I can group them?

Maybe telem->directdata would be the way to go perhaps, I don't know.

Thank you very much for your time, good day!