[Bf-committers] Blender game logic UI clean up part 2

Todor Imreorov blurymind at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:29:39 CEST 2015

I think that in terms of visual programming approach, BGE has lots of
issues - especially if you compare it to other successful visual
programming game engines.

There was a discussion about different visual programming approaches and
about the problems in the one that BGE is using.
Please take some time to read the comments and look at the other engines
out there. Also, you can add your voice to the thread:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?323905-Logic-bricks-vs-C2-event-sheet-vs-Nodes-vis-programming-framework-for-BDX-B4web-etc&highlight=construct+vs+bge

Ton is right about the need to make a new visual programming system. I
really hope that there are interested developers out there. Especially
after seeing the HIVE project not take off for so long.

It would be great if the visual programming system could be adopted by
other game engines that have made their way into blender via an addon.
Blend4web and BDX for example could benefit greatly from a system that is
easy to adopt and is not exclusive just to BGE.

Thank you