[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 - the Workflow release

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jul 21 14:33:06 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm collecting feedback about the big picture and the overall picture still. We have time on our side.

I also want to have good insight in what we can achieve with the current team, and/or what we need new talent or developers for. Lotsof communication to be done.

"The pipeline part": if you mean my proposal to work on better workflow integration of Blender in non-Blender (non-open) pipelines? That we definitely need a lot of help for - especially by the stakeholders. And not so much in telling us what to do, but in offering help to realize it!

Finding active studio-stakeholders is one of the things I will use SIGGRAPH for.

I also will need help by people to organize it all here, and to define which of our online services we'll use for this... let's keep this an open discussion for a while, and get to work more practically 2nd half of August, after 2.76 is done?

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute