[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - 19 July 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 19 17:50:49 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.76 targets

- To prevent more conflicts (other people work on mesh drawing too), Sergey Sharybin proposes to
merge OpenSubdiv tomorrow in trunk, as build option for now.

- Bastien Montagne will have two weeks holidays, that means that he prefers to move his
Filebrowser work to a next release. https://developer.blender.org/D1316

- Kevin Dietrich will make his OpenVDB patch ready for final review this week.

- Sergey: several Gooseberry's Cycles features have been merged now:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.76/Cycles

- Bugs! The tracker went up a lot. Everyone is invited to help you know... also new developers
should feel welcome to become involved by fixing or reviewing bugs. Really good practice this.
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/2/type/Bug/

- Release planning says we're close to BCon4... suggestion is to extend the term for 2.76,
the Siggraph release date is not impportant enough (we can show a recent build there too).
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

2) Other projects

- Gooseberry: here's Lukas Toenne's doc (in progress) of work he did on sims and hair:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Org:Institute/Open_projects/Gooseberry/SummaryLukas

- Testers needed for OS X El Capitan (10.11). OpenCL Cycles should work with similar
feature set as with CUDA.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/OpenCL

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute