[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes, 12 July 2015
ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 12 17:28:25 CEST 2015
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Release targets for Blender 2.76
- According to schedule, we move to BCon3 today. That means that the release targets
are defined, only what's agreed on and listed will go to git master.
- Target 'PTex' is going to be postpned again... we might need another developer to
assist. Also to check on UDIM texture support.
- OpenSubdiv is in progress. Sergey suggests to make it a build option, because of OS X
not supporting a mix of OpenGL 4 calls and older versions. Discussion on this is open...
will be done here and/or in IRC.
- AMD news: OS X driver team managed to get the old Cycles ("Mega Kernel") compile and
work, the next update of the beta "El Capitan" OS X should (might?) have this driver,
we'll keep you posted. The OS X team is working with us on getting split kernel to work too.
- Interesting article, AMD writing about their Blender commitment:
- Antonis Ryakiotakis: speed optimizations for viewport are ready for master. Doc coming.
2) Other projects
- Joshua Leung works on new Grease Pencil 'sculpt' feature for 2.77:
- Joerg Mueller: the new Audaspace library will go to the system libraries and not into
external, so that we can check how building with that works out.
- Campbell worked on script setup to do more exact OpenGL performance benchmarking.
(Volunteers needed to add content and create a great Blender bench for gfx cards).
- Gooseberry final dev report is still in progress...
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers