[Bf-committers] [bf-Committers] Edge groups?

Marc Dion marcdion1974 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 09:16:57 CEST 2015

Face groups would be nice, but for now until something more dedicated to
the task comes along, materials work well for selecting and deselecting
face groups.

Edge-groups would be super useful since they can be used to quickly remove
control loops and insets once textures have been baked.  The high-poly
model can then be reduced back to a low-poly model with a few button
presses if someone gets edge groups working.

It would super easy to reduce models this way if there was an option to
automatically add loop-cuts(Ctrl-r) as well as insets to the group without
having to go back and forth to assign them into a group as they are added
when building the low-poly model up into a high-poly model for texture
baking.