[Bf-committers] [bf-Committers] Edge groups?

Luke Magill luke.magill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:47:02 CEST 2015

Hey there,

I was wondering what people think of the concept of "Edge Groups"? An edge
group would be just like a vertex group except that it selects edges
instead of vertices.

Imagine a plane (4 vertices). Lets say you want to do a soft body
computation using soft body springs. If you put all four vertices into a VG
and use that VG, the algorithm will select all of the edges. But what if
you only want two parallel edges? Or what if you want 3 edges and not a
third? There is no way to specify this.

Would people be opposed to me adding an "edge group" system similar to the
"vertex group" system?

Thanks,

Luke