[Bf-committers] OpenEXR and OpenImageIO library bump

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:15:27 CET 2015

Hi everyone.

I would like to propose bumping OpenEXR to 2.2 and OpenImage IO to 1.4.16.

OpenImageIO had a number of stability and compilation fixes particularly
for msvc 2013 . newer and older versions of boost and static PTEX
compilation.

full changelog here ->
 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenImageIO/oiio/RB-1.4/CHANGES

OpenEXR 2.2 has faster PIZ compression and 2 new algorithms for lossy
compression by Dreamworks.

In the case of OpenImageIO it is really a minor bump and there seem to be
no issues based on my own testing on windows and linux.
In the case of OpenEXR it is a minor version bump but I think having
maximal file reading compatibility is worth the effort it takes to bump. (
which is also not much based on my personal testing ).

Attached is a patch for install_deps.sh that builds these versions.