[Bf-committers] Multiview branch, status update

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:20:45 CET 2015

Hi,
As of today, Multi-View is mostly working as supposed. It should go to
master as soon as it gets the 'go' from other developers. Meanwhile
testers are once again welcome.

Fresh builds:

Linux x86_ 64: http://goo.gl/Tq3uCg
OSX x86_64: http://goo.gl/R7DDia
Win 64: http://goo.gl/GH6PNj

The patch is here: https://developer.blender.org/D914 but the work can
be built directly from the 'multiview' branch.

I know some artists are already using it for real production work.
This is really important, and I'm counting on you to report bugs (you
can do it directly to my email or in the patch page).

Main missing todos:
* internal code changes to address missing review suggestions
* usability design for sequencer/compositor to quickly edit one view at a time
* best communicate to the user the stereo fullscreen modes
* usability design: we may need to add a 'Single View' option for
Image/Movie strips

Anyways, there are other small ones, but those are to illustrate the
current state. Apart from some of the 'internal code changes to
address missing review suggestions', the other items can be done after
the code land in master as well.

Thanks,
Dalai
--