[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developers meeting minutes - January 18, 2015

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Sun Jan 18 19:07:11 CET 2015

As discussed with Ton in IRC I uploaded the current patch for my OpenVDB
mesher to d.b.o (easier/faster than setting up a github repo):

https://developer.blender.org/D1008

I chose to create a differential for it over a simple patch, as arcanist
will put my code in context, including my commit history for the
curious, which is cool. Hope it's ok!

Cheers, Kévin.

Le 2015-01-18 17:40, Ton Roosendaal a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Here are the notes from today's 15h UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
>
> 1) Release targets for upcoming 2.74
>
> - People noted that the proposed planning for next release was more than 2 months.
>
> - We might need to reserve enough time for Multiview, Viewport, and several Gooseberry projects to be migrated. But if that's needed has to be figured out still.
>
> - Everyone gets one more week to get their projects shortlisted as 2.74 targets!
>
> 2) Release 2.73a
>
> - Meeting decided to go for an 'a' update after all. Minor but important fixes were done already.
> For example: Knife bugs, Cycles has bug (black meshes on certain circumstances).
>
> - Monday Sergey Sharybin and Campbell Barton will review and move over the essential fixes (and mail to this list to verify). If all goes fine, we then ask for a build on tuesday.
>
> 3) other projects
>
> - Kevin Dietrich posted videos with the first OpenVDB particle results:
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?357512-Dev-OpenVDB-Based-Particle-Mesher-Modifier [1]
> He'll be in touch with Campbell and Lukas Toenne, to make sure modifier designs and particle plans are well aligned.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ton-

Links:
------