[Bf-committers] Undo limits WAY to low.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:14:26 CET 2015

I have often found that having only 64 undos is really limiting, especially
when working on lots of little mesh changes. I think we could greatly up
this.

I have talked to a lot of you and have found that the undo was set at 64 a
really long time ago because having more ate to much memory and could cause
problems. When this was set I think my computers memory was like 2 GB but
now it is sitting at 32 GB, a 16 times increase and of course every 14
months this doubles.

I see no reason not to bump this up to at least 1024 as the max, if not
more for future computers. Users still get to set the max themselves and we
could leave the start up value low and let users increase it as they see
fit. Also there is a max memory limit so this should prevent problems too.
Is this correct? Can this undo max be increased without incurring any
problems?

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!