[Bf-committers] Commercial license

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 2 10:32:09 CET 2015

Hi,

First of all - you only have to acquire permission for material or software that have limited copyright licenses. If you buy and use Maya for example, Youtube would also not ask for evidence that you have the rights from Autodesk to use the software.

Blender is GNU GPL licensed software, which gives users a lot of freedom, a better deal than you can get from any commercial software. We made an FAQ on this here:

http://www.blender.org/about/license/

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute