[Bf-committers] access selection order via Python

Martin Pyka martin.pyka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:49:28 CET 2015

Hi,

I am a developer of an add-on for Blender that allows computational
neuroscientists to create artificial neural networks from 3d-anatomical data

Reference:
http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnana.2014.00091/full
https://bitbucket.org/rub-hippo/parametric-anatomical-modeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-BrAcMUiYI

For one feature that I want to implement, I need to know the order, in
which the user selected the objects. Maybe I missed something very
basic, but as far as I can see it, these information are neither
available within the Blender UI nor via Python!?

I think, not only for my purposes it would be very helpful, to have
access to the selection order (when more than two objects are selected).

Is this conceptually very difficult to code? Is there any chance to get
that information into one of the next releases?

Best,
Martin