[Bf-committers] Automatic retopology addon

Иван Перевезенцев ivan.perevezentsev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:36:20 CET 2015

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:32:53 +0300
> From: Yury Baranov <cucumberer at gmail.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> I think you can't make it as addon because there is only Python API
> available in the blender, and Python is not perfect if you need to do a lot
> of calculations, it will be too slow (i mean, remesher is usually used when
> you have A LOT of geometry data, like high-poly sculpt, or 3d-scan). But
> maybe you'll figure out how to make it. Anyways, thank you, Ivan!

Python supports linking with native code by several ways, see for
example this page:
http://www.swineworld.org/2014/04/native-python-extensions-for-blender.html
The only difference is that I have to compile binary parts for every
OS (Windows, Linux, Mac). There are production add-ons using native
code.

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 21:54:39 -0700
> From: Jesus Balbastro <jesusbalbastro at gmail.com>
>
> i have a small knowledge of python but would be very interested in
> helping you document or test this addon. This addon would speed up my
> workflow tremendously and am highly intrigued by it.

Thank you for your interest, I will certainly contact with you when
there will be beta version :)