[Bf-committers] [Bf-translations-dev] About translations (i18n) contexts

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 17 11:04:59 CET 2015

Yeah… main translation work in PY/RNA was reviewed, but not 'details'
like adding the context thing to ui api it seems
(at least from commit log,
https://developer.blender.org/rBe6cd9ea087d7bc5e027d67fc328014b604fbe25d).

But I absolutely think a per-button context override is the best
solution by far, because:
* We only need that in few cases (a few percent of our UI messages), so
using it for all
   UI messages of a panel would be really stupid (and would make our
po's size uselessly grow).
* A single context for a whole panel would most likely not work in all
cases even.

Being able to switch context while defining the UI would do pretty much
the same thing
as we already do, but be more verbose, need to store that context
somewhere, …

Note operator's default context is **only** used for operator's label
(not its properties,
not even his tip, because tips never need a context in practice).

Anyway, will try to be on IRC this afternoon and night - and we also
already have a task on phab
about it, https://developer.blender.org/T43295.