[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Feb 13 15:33:49 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've applied for joining GSoC again, 11th edition!

As usual we have to produce an ideas page for students. Please... only add ideas there that are approved by the module owners - and ideas that are feasible for newbies.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2015/Ideas

Last year's GSoC was not our most succesful edition... I think we keep trying to be too ambitious.
Best projects are also local ones (few code files, or in one library, one feature), not things that go over all of Blender and require a broad knowledge of everything (file saves, window manager, operators, dna, rna, kernel, python ui scripts, etc).

Student applications will start March 16.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute