[Bf-committers] Automatic retopology addon

Иван Перевезенцев ivan.perevezentsev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:21:48 CET 2015

Hello. I working full-time on addon which purpose is to automatically
generate quad mesh from arbitrary given source mesh. This will save much
time for artists in their everyday work.
There are similar tools in ZBrush (called ZRemesher), 3D Coat and other
commercial software. I use this paper: http://goo.gl/kVuRJd
When it will be done, I am going to sell it through Blender Market (
http://goo.gl/tR71qM) though it of course will be open-source.

I know that there was work on such functionality at GSoC 2014, but it had
not complete. Please tell, if there anybody working on it at the moment?
Just want to let developers know about that, so if there is intention to
start implementing that feature, you can maybe postpone it in order to not
do the same work twice.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards, Ivan Perevezentsev