[Bf-committers] blender exit code after exec python

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:15:04 CET 2015

Hello guys,

I'm asking here because I'm not quite sure it is a bug or design matter.

We are using blender on our renderfarm (Deadline) to generate some datas
with a python script using the following command :
blender --background --python script.py

If the python script crash or raise an error, blender will exit with a zero
code, so the renderfarm is not catching something has been wrong.

In the mean time, we have to do a try/except in our scripts and add
os._exit(0) or os._exit(-1) (_exit() because blender doesn't accept the
exit()).
We are wondering if this is the correct approach or if blender shouldn't
return the code itself if the script didn't run correctly ?

cheers,

F.