[Bf-committers] Proposal - new meeting schedule for 2016

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Dec 29 13:14:12 CET 2015

Hi all,

If you look at the Developer Top 22 I posted, you can see that Blender lacks active contributors from the Americas... Canada, USA, Centra and South America are not represented as much it could.

For that reason I would propse to test a new meeting schedule for 2016. A fun rotating schedule.
At least try it a month!

The meeting concept is based on these simple assumptions:

- Have less meetings, two per month should be enough to attend.
- Cluster time zones in three sections - LA, Amsterdam, Sydney
- For each time zone section, we organize one meeting per month at a fixed day at 10 AM.

These 10 AM meetings would be:

- LA: 9th of month
- AMS: 18th of month
- SYD: 27th of month.

These times are fixed, local, and stay same independent of daylight savings. Attendants in other timezones will have to check what's the matching local time in order to attend.

For January, the timing table then looks as follows:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEooASg01BMply2DrI19-KDo62YQ4c_UAboH8-1oCMQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I would also like to invite one of the active Americans to chair the monthly "LA time" meeting.
Jonathan Williamson, would you be available? I can backup :)

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute