[Bf-committers] Cycles-Bake: passes type revamp

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:00:54 CET 2015

Hi,
I've been giving it more thought, and I would rather hold on the
subsurface proposed change, and focus on getting the main revamp into
master.

Even if we assume the performance would stay the same for diffuse
baking when no subsurface. How to merge the diffuse and subsurface
colors?

What is the point of baking Diffuse + Subsurface passes together as
weight only, if we won't be able to get the color to multiply them to?

Considering that you can bake the colored diffuse and subsurface
passes with the combine pass, I think it's fine.

@Yury:
I don't think fixing antialiasing in baking is a 'small thing'. That's
why it has never been tackled. But if I have a chance I will discuss
this with Brecht and see how would he propose addressing this. Maybe
it's simpler than I thought.

Cheers,
Dalai
--