[Bf-committers] Blender Feature request for game artist

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 13:43:42 CET 2015

Hi,

It's not hard to understand why island selection is only available in
face selection mode. In any other mode, the selection state would be
broken since if we select just one island's vertices edges, then
linked vertice/edges won't be selected.

What we could do is force face selection when invoking the operator,
which is not so nice though. Other alternative would be to introduce
island select mode in sync mode, which should use face selection in 3D
viewport.

Looks like what users might want is for selection in 3D viewport to
influence UV editor selection but not the inverse. So one should be
able to select stuff in UV editor independently, with the only
requirement that the corresponding vertex/face/edge is selected in 3D
editor.

Another approach is to have two sync modes, a soft one, working as
explained above, and a hard one, working as it works now.