[Bf-committers] Preferences:system:Sequencer / clip editor/ Memory Cache problems

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 14:00:23 CET 2015

I was just doing a fresh install of Blender and got to the preference
setting for Memory Cache Limit and found two problems.
First what are the units? I thinking it is megabytes but it could be K or
even G. So it needs units. The second problem is the default setting. I
think it is way to low. 1024K? I have 16gb of ram with about half of that
free most of the time. I don't think that is unusual for a modern graphical
system. So if the units are in mb then it is currently set at 1gb? Might
not at least 2 be more normal lower limit for a lever bad blender computer?
Thanks!

--
Douglas E Knapp