[Bf-committers] one commit, two dates??

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Fri Dec 18 16:56:11 CET 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 02:03:13PM +0000, hewi jupama wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, makes sense.
>
> Personally, I think the commits on the sever
>
> https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/history/master/
>
> should be order according to their submission date (original time
> stamp)! And not when they were pulled or changed or transferred or
> copied or whatever.

Git commits can be moved around, cherry-picked, etc., which means that
the order in which they are finally assembled in the Blender source is
very flexible. The order is thus dependent on more than just the
original time stamp and time of the push/pull.

> "When you look at the git log, you only see the X times", you mean
> in the console wright?

That depends on how you look at the git log. Personally I usually use
a GUI program to look at it. I do mean the log that 'git log' gives
you.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/