[Bf-committers] Lack of coordination and communication in Blender development

Kai Kostack kaikostack at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 21:49:59 CEST 2015

Hello Martijn, hello Antony,

I'd like to emphasize that I have great respect for every person involved with Blender development. I'm following the mailing lists more or less since 2004 and I remember often core redesign took place only within a small group of people and not so much in public. I usually don't comment on such practices but I think this time it is an important opportunity to get this modifier right. We didn't want to wait until everything is cast in stone so that we are doomed to continue to hear from the devs who are commenting on our ideas that there is no way to implement them right.

Scorpion81 and me will take care of a list of the requirements. We don't even expect guarantees, we only would like to make sure our interests are not overlooked this time and at least being considered.

Above that I really think the interaction between core devs, hobby devs and users could use improvement in this regard.

Thank you so far.

-- Kai