[Bf-committers] Lack of coordination and communication in Blender development

Kai Kostack kaikostack at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 20:20:28 CEST 2015

Hello Marc,

I appreciate your answer but we're aware of what you're explaining. We have a more fundamental problem.

Currently there is a redesign of various Blender internals ongoing. Design decisions will be made that are crucial for our modifier to meet all required coding conventions. Our workarounds have been criticized as "bad" by core developers earlier. However, those hacks have been necessary until now because it couldn't be solved otherwise due to bad Blender design.

So, now that there is the chance to fix those issues in depth we would like to monitor that design decision making process and comment early on on it to make sure, they don't oversee some requirements that will be important for us in the future.

At the moment it looks like everything important happens behind closed doors.

-- Kai