[Bf-committers] Lack of coordination and communication in Blender development

Marc Dion marcdion1974 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:22:48 CEST 2015

Build a branch.  Do whatever you want to the internals.  Try and keep all
new official features up to date so the branch can be ready for merging at
a moments notice in a year or two when it's super-awesome and ready.  Make
sure there are well-documented progress on a forum so other people who are
interested won't have to guess at what they should or can do.

There have been cases where several artists on BA.org have pooled the
branch building uploads on threads so that the primary dev was free to do
more important work(If the dev explains to people showing up how to do it
first:).

Fresh builds being posted on a regular basis(posted by several users
covering several operating systems) helps with rapid progress and bug
repair fixes, stream-lines feature requests.

Now you have a small group of dedicated people working together on
something they love without feeling worried about what every one else is
doing.