[Bf-committers] Fwd: VECTOR h2020 project

Monica Zoppe' mzoppe at ifc.cnr.it
Thu Aug 6 11:22:01 CEST 2015

I send this again, because I think  it did not pass.

Dear Blender developers, dear Ton,

I am working to submit a European project under the call Science and
Education Careers... (here
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/2426-seac-1-2015.html#tab1%20>)

The project VECTOR aims at getting funds to finance the production of a
video game and of a film (either full 90 min, or a 20-30 min short),
based on cellular biology.

I attach the abstract (limited to 2000 characters), so that you can get
an idea. The production of the two goals implies the need for a revised
and expanded version of BioBlender, and its integration with some gaming
tools (Unity?).
In the project, besides our Pisa group, are involved other groups that
will take care of specific development steps, such as the invention of
visual clues for the description of energy content and transfer (Tribeca
Institute of NY), or the elaboration of molecular motion using GPU-based
computation and others.

The time available to submit the project is quite short (about a month),
but if the ideas are clear enough we can do it.

Those of you who are interested, please can you reply to me, and I will
give you access to a common document for the preparation of the
proposal. If the Blender Foundation is willing to participate, this
would be excellent: in this case the volunteer developers involved might
be considered as belonging to this organization, making things easier
(rather than individual participation).

The engagement for those involved will be in the order of months to few
years.

Thanks for your attention; due to time constraints, I have to ask to let
me know within a week (sorry).

Looking forward to hear from you,
yours Monica

--