[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - August 2, 2015

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 10:34:57 CEST 2015

Answers are inlined this time

I was considering "making them happier", as effecting them too :)
> (read "user visible optimizations").

This is to go to the release notes. See for example:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.75/Cycles#Performance_Optimizations

This statement imply that devs have been remiss in not documenting their
> optimizations.

I don't see how it implies that.

For me this is still fuzzy - can anyone point to a couple of optimizations
> should should have been documented but weren't?

We're not talking about optimizations not being documented , we're talking
about changes which affects other developers not being documented.

Let's put it this way:

- Optimizations which doesn't touch other developers goes to the release
notes page
- Changes in python API (which touches both users and developers) goes to
the release notes page
- Optimizations which touches other developers goes to wiki
- Any other changes which touches other developers goes to wiki
- <half_serious>When in doubts -- write documentation!</half_serious>

Just use a common sense and make sure blender's design is easy to get into.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin