[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - August 2, 2015

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 10:18:01 CEST 2015

The full statement is:

Reminder: anyone who wants to add something that affects users or other
developers (APIs): always make a nice doc! *Before the commit* Even when
you think it's not interesting (like optimizing). Blender work is
interesting to share by default!

Key part of the sentence: affects users or other developers (APIs)

Commits which you listed doesn't affects users (other than making them
happier) and doesn't affect other developers.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > P.S. The commits you've mentioned above are mainly implementation details
> > changes, they don't touch design as we know it. Only arguable thing is
> the
> > sculpt custom data commit, which on the one hand doesn't change anything
> in
> > the CustomData design and just makes it to use existing solutions form
> > there, but on another hand shows that our CustomData area is rather
> > mysterious area which you can't get into so much easy.
>
> Right, but they're optimizations, from the meeting notes, there is the
> comment:
>
> > always make a nice doc! *Before the commit* Even when you think it's not
> interesting (like optimizing).
> > Blender work is interesting to share by default! :)

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin