[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - April 26, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 26 16:58:44 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Planning for upcoming 2.75 release

- Meeting agrees on extending the planning with another week of "BCon2", we need time to get the main targets in git master still.
  Specifically: Dependency Graph, OpenCL Kernel split and OpenSubdiv.

- OpenCL code is very local, so we can always add it as 'experimental' feature (for whitelisted AMD GPUs with known good drivers).

- Updated the planning:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects#2.7x_release_cycle

- Cycles Portal patch from Lukas Stockner still needs final review and blessing from Sergey Sharybin.
  He will check within a week.

2) Other projects

- Sergey Reich has time the next few months for Bullet and rigid body work.

- Gooseberry project: Sergey, Bastien and Campbell were asked to help checking on the Alembic hair caching and rendering pipeline - to give Lukas Toenne more time to work on simulation code itself.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute