[Bf-committers] what is the difference between these 2 LINEAR operations? or a bug?

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:13:12 CEST 2015

On Apr 12, 2015 6:25 AM, "Kévin Dietrich" <kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org> wrote:

> where linear_burn is defined as: x + y - 1, and linear_dodge: x + y
> so that gives:
> x + 2y - 1, if (y > 0.5)
> x + 2y - 1, otherwise
>
> I personally
> would remove it from Blender and Cycles altogether.

I would only add that for all blend modes, there should be a toggle for
display referred versus scene referred blending.

The above two functions for example, break horribly on scene referred
imagery such as output from Cycles as there is no unity point as there is
in display referred imaging; all values extend from zero to infinity.

With respect,
TJS