[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, September 28, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 28 17:40:44 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from this week's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders, 16h CEST.
(I noticed a record breaking of 219 visitors in our channel during the meeting. Interesting!)
1) Release review
- Blender 2.72 RC is out! Check http://www.blender.org for download and the log.
- Sofar reviews and reports are OK, official release might happen on thursday.
2) Projects for 2.73
- Tamito Kajiyama: Freestyle memory optimization will go into 2.73 (BF-funded project result)
- Thomas Dinges proposes to make Cycles Default as target.
He will make a proposal to the list here next week, to outline which work should have to be completed for it (IO mostly).
- Freestyle built-in SVG exporter would be a 2.73 target too:
- Dun Liang (randon)'s Windows IME support patch could also go into 2.73 - allow better Asian character input.
- Jeroen Bakker: compositor memory management is ready for final review. updated with all comments:
- Multiview is going to be a candidate, check the great doc from Dalai Felinto
- FBX: there are two addons, the 'experimental' one has the latest work on it.
Will get tested and improved for 2.73.
3) Other projects
- Joshua Leung shows preliminary support for editing (copying, moving/rotating/scaling, selecting) grease pencil strokes.
Could become target for next release, including fills. Work was inspired by Daniel Lara (Pepeland)!
- Bastien Montagne has first working results for mesh transfer data, current (still heavy wip) code is on
- Dalai Felinto and Benoit Bolsee had long sessions in Blender Institute about Game Engine work and possible Development Fund projects.
No direct outcome can be mentioned yet, but at least they'll carefully align work with the Viewport project.
- BTW: Campbell Barton and Sergey Sharybin will fly to Amsterdam on tuesday, to work in Blender Institute with Antonis, Lukas, and the rest of the Gooseberry film crew.
That's it, back to work!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers