[Bf-committers] Improvement suggestions

Vlad MS mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 09:04:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

I would like to suggest a few improvements.

1. Since grid is actually a plane won't it make sense to add the subdiv
options to the plane instead and the remove the grid option? Cleans up the
UI as well

2. Add some subdiv options for x/y/z for the cube.

3. In the create tab, text is centered to middle. However in the rest of
the tabs it's centered to the left which makes it inconsistent. Further
more there is so much space left on a row that 2 buttons could be added
near each other. Blender UI has a serious big amount of scrolling issue.

4. In the tools tab extrude dropdown seems to do the same as options below
except vertex normals. Wouldn't it make more sense to add just the text
extrude with 3 buttons text or icons on the right and save space? I think I
seen this discussed somewhere but not sure.

5.Why are weight tools showing in non weight modes?

6. And add a mode in settings to hide certain categories from panels. Again
so much scrolling required for everything. The cycles render tab in
properties is crazy. Maybe a second row of tabs for individual properties?

7.  There would be some others but I won't want to reach beat the dead
horse topics or things that require fixing desgraph or viewport first.

What do you think?

Thank You,

Vlad Mafteiu Scai

Mobile: +45-5333-30-67

*Mobile UI Designer, Visualization Artist*
Email: mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/motionseadesigns

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.