[Bf-committers] Muscle Rigging MVP implementation

Patrice patrice.bertrand.eu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:45:32 CEST 2014

Hello Yury,

Looking at the picture that illustrates the "collision deformer", I
wonder whether this should be physics-based, or could be just a
modifier.   It looks like the deformation could be achieved by a
combination of some basic deform functions.   Consider a virtual plane
that's halfway between colliding objects.  Then scale object's mesh on
axis perpandicular to tha plane, with proportionnal editing and sharp
fallout so that the vertices nearer to the plane get pushed outwards a
bit.   Then bisect mesh at the plane.   And finally scale again, this
time along the plane, still with proportionnal editing to create the
sort of bulge.   I'm not saying a user ought to do all this, I'm saying
this could all fit into a modifier quite easily, 2-3 parameters to set
how much it deforms.

Patrice.