[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - October 19, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 19 17:21:52 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Release update, 2.72 b ?
- Unfortunately... there's an issue in 2.72a that causes Blender to crash, when you attempt to texture paint on an subsurfed mesh without UVs. Easy to bypass when you know, but annoying if you don't.
- Meeting agrees on just updating the current 'a' build and name it 'b' on blender.org. Will happen tuesday, who knows something else pops up tomorrow!
- Reminder: when doing an update release, we have to add a tag for package maintainers.
- The BCon2 deadline (define final targets) will be postponed two weeks.
2) Targets for the next release
- Fracture modifier has been reviewed
Campbell Barton proposes to not accept the patch - for implementation reasons. Martin Felke will reply. Please join the discussion in the patch tracker.
- Thomas Dinges reminds us the todos for making Blender to use Cycles as default render engine.
One of the issues is better presets or bundling with preset node groups. This is also related to the asset project people are working on for the Gooseberry project.
3) Other projects
Note for everyone: next week there's no IRC meeting, because of Blender Conference in Amsterdam!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers