[Bf-committers] Guidance needed

Isaac Reilly isaac.g.reilly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:07:39 CEST 2014

Hi y'all!

I'm a junior computer science major at Yale, taking the year off to work on
open source software to gain skills and experience that I haven't been able
to get at college. So far I've been working on blender on my own, but I
thought it wise to get in touch with the other developers.

I am prepared to devote myself to blender development until I return to
school next fall. I have a lot of experience with Python and C. For Python,
my most notable experience is assisting online programming classes in
Python at the Art of Problem Solving institute (
http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/). I've studied C rigorously.

Can you help get me in touch with someone who could be a mentor for me?

At the latest irc chat Mr. Roosendaal linked to the roadmap which mentioned
interest in fixing up Blender's event handling notification. Although I
don't know if this would be a good project for me, I can definitely agree
that it's needed, since I've been frustrated with the limitations of the
existing callbacks and event handling through modal operators.

I'll be at the developers' conference next week, and I'd love to set up a
meeting with anyone interested in talking with me!

Best,

Isaac Reilly