[Bf-committers] Annoucement: Better Collada Exporter for Blender!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 12 16:02:58 CEST 2014

Hi Juan,

The lack of interest is quite typical indeed. Collada might be not so popular, but no user reported sofar any success with your code either, so it's not so strange it did not get a lot of attention from coders either.

For me it then comes down to your presentation. Why not providing reference files (like game characters in Blender) that went 1:1 to Maya or Max? Write docs, add examples?

If you claim you have a great Collada exporter, then where are your test files, which cases did you test with Maya or Max? Who else uses it, and where can see examples of this working?

Would help a lot,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute