[Bf-committers] Revising the testbuild branch

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Oct 11 15:59:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've asked Sergey to disable the testbuild branch from automatic building.
This is currently leading to a confusing situation. People have no idea what's the code that is in it. It's even being used to apply patches from the tracker on it. This information is invisible for our website visitors.

Worse is that visitors think it's the official release test build, and not a testing branch for coders only.

We should do this better communicated. Can we just back to the old option that you can build branches?
This way that branch build gets properly named and timestamped.

The only problem is that too many builds might flood the bot's list of builds. It shouldn't be too hard to make a delete button on that page for old ones (for admins)?

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute