[Bf-committers] Multiview frustrum controler reference

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:15:16 CEST 2014

Thank you Dalai for the exceptional work in Multiview branch.

Stereo images are easy to create in CG, but it is very hard do control how
they can be correctly "decoded" by our brains.

The main problem is the relation among human interoccular distance, image
resolution, screen size and viewer distance from screen. In short, a 3d
film produced for theater release is not good for TV without propper
adjustment.

So it is very important that Multiview offers in near future a stereo
camera rig with a frustrum indicating a "safe stereo zone" for placing
objetcs. This zone would change whenever any os above parameters is changed.

We can see the mathematics for this in http://www.noeol.de/s3d/

But I think we could go further and dream with an ideal dinamic stereo
frustrum similar to this:

https://vimeo.com/57398627

Even if this is not possible right now, it would be very nice if the code
allow it to be implemented in near future.

;)

Adriano A. Oliveira