[Bf-committers] OpenGEX in Blender

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:59:41 CEST 2014

Hi Ton! Well, the idea about the exporter was always that due to it's very
small size, maintaining it should be rather easy, so all I asked was
someone from the developer community to give me a hand with keeping it up
to date and get it to work correctly. The plugin is actively developed
because the Godot community depends on it.

The problem is that, even though I believe I understand the API well, I am
not familiar enough with Blender internals so I asked for help getting the
code reviewed and make sure everything is properly done. That never
happened, I tried and I was unable to get anyone to give me a hand at that.

There are several hacks in the plugin that I believe should not be there,
because every a few weeks I discover that certain types of datasets are not
properly handled (had to fix stuff with uvmaps, tecoords, actions, etc for
cases i didn't expect to break). I have no way to know these things in
advance, only people familiar with the internals do. All I ask is for a
proper review and being pointed in the right direction.

Without this help, I definitely can't maintain the plugin properly for
inclusion, and I don't think anyone else in the same situation can.

Cheers

Juan