[Bf-committers] Compilation try to install 2.72 directly in /usr/local/

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 13:45:56 CET 2014

Hi,

We did have a change in this area recently. In short we want to install to
the directory used for compilation when using make install.
Unfortunately this change hit people with an already in place CMakeCache,
there is nothing we can do about this. You can either clear your
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and rerun cmake or set it to "`pwd`/bin ".
I am sorry this change impacted you.

Martijn

P.S. When running cmake for the first time (empty cache) this scenario is
handled.

P.P.S. This change is needed as it allows us to use CPack to generate
installers that require *relative* path's in the INSTALL() command.