[Bf-committers] Compilation try to install 2.72 directly in /usr/local/

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Mon Nov 17 12:30:41 CET 2014

Le 2014-11-17 11:58, Julien Duroure a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> After a git update yesterday (last update was 2 weeks ago), my "make
> install" failed because trying of writing "2.72" directory directly in
> /usr/local/, that needs root privileges.
>
> Here is my script used to update my build [1].
>
> I know that there was some change last days about building configuration. I
> don't know if this is linked to these modifications.
>
> Other problem : It seems that addons contrib are not included in my builds.
> Any ideas ? Git repository of contrib is not a submodule ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> [1] : http://www.pasteall.org/55205
> [1]

Hi,

That also happened to me yesterday I think, don't know what's the cause,
but in the meantime you can set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to whatever dir you
used to build in, e.g.:

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/ju/Programmes/blender/git/build_linux/bin

Either put that in your script or directly edit the CMakeCache.txt in
build_linux/

Hope that helps :)

Links:
------