[Bf-committers] Weekly developer meeting minutes - November 16, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 16 16:46:04 CET 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Release targets for 2.73

- Planning and targets overview:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Compositor patch review will be done this week by Sergey Sharybin

- Mesh transfer project goes ok, but Split Normals will move to the next release - it would be giving too many issues.

- Dalai Felinto: note, officially Multiview has to migrate to master this week, has that been planned?

- Bastien Montagne and Julian Eisel will check on the Chinese character patch.

2) Other projects

- We are moving to SDL2 and make it a dynamic load target (so Blender runs without having it installed).
Sergey Sharybin is handling it.

- Work is being done to make CMake work for the buildbot, which opens up the question how long we keep supporting it. Too few people use it. Is this going to be maintained well next year?
Discussion on future of scons can start now!

- Linux CMake default changed a bit - omitting the complicated libraries for first time builders:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/cmake#Automatic_CMake_Setup

- Cycles has own repository now, with an own member team, which makes it easier to add new people.
https://developer.blender.org/project/view/26/
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-cycles/2014-November/002146.html

Thanks!

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute