[Bf-committers] Cycles Progressive Refinement Checkbox Tooltip *somewhat* ambiguous

Simon Repp simon at fdpl.foundation
Thu Nov 13 22:24:42 CET 2014

Here's the scene I initially used to test this:

IMAGE >>
http://fdpl.foundation/prog-vs-nonprog-suzanne-volumetric-dof-displacement.png
(10MB)

BLEND >>
http://fdpl.foundation/prog-vs-nonprog-suzanne-volumetric-dof-displacement.blend
(<1MB)

I rendered on CPU - i7-2920XM quad-core (2.50GHz, 8MB cache), fedora 20
64 bit, blender 2.72b official release

Non-Progressive: 61 seconds
Progressive: 165 seconds

Super coincidentally also 2.7x slower :D

Cheers,
Simon